Personalised advice and guidance from experienced analysts
Each analyst is matched with a Denny Ellison analyst, often one who has expertise in a similar sector.
During one-to-one sessions, analysts have the opportunity to ask questions, seek advice and receive guidance on any topics that are relevant to their current position.
Analysts can seek advice on everyday tasks such as data analysis, stock pitch presentations, time management or writing research notes.
They can also ask for guidance to achieve major milestones such as initiating on new stocks or building a new company model.
Our mentoring sessions allow analysts to receive independent and impartial advice from a professional that is external to the firm.
A few examples of mentoring sessions
Initiations can be challenging for analysts. Our mentors can help them break this project into clear steps and make sure this major milestone is achieved quickly and with the highest standards.
The offering is discussed on a case by case basis but can take the form of the following sessions.
- A 3-hour session on modelling and valuation.
- A 3-hour session on the investment thesis and the structure of the initiation report.
- A 2-hour session on reviewing the report and the pitch to sales and clients in the sell side or PMs in the buy side.
Our mentors can help analysts build company models. The requirements and specific attributes are discussed carefully ahead of each session.
Most models can be built within one mentoring session, but some may require a follow-up or review session.
- A 3-hour mentoring session on the model structure, forecasts and valuation.
Time management is one of the things that early-career analysts struggle with the most, according to our survey. Our external mentors can provide independent and impartial advice on subjects such as time management, task prioritisation and objectives setting.
- A 3-hour session on how to prioritise tasks and manage one’s time effectively.